PERSONAL AIR PUMP PS – 100
HNL’s PERSONAL AIR SAMPLE PUMP IS A CONSTANT FLOW AIR SAMPLER SUITABLE FOR INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE STUDIES AS WELL AS ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING
HNL’s Personal Air Sample Pump PS-100 is used to collect contaminants from air in the breathing zone of a person during work period with an appropriate sample head. Industrial contaminants can be collected and analyzed to compare with the allowed TLV or MAC values.
- Durable RFI-shielded case
- Rechargeable battery
- Air discharge port (beneath cap screw)
- Low flow regulator (beneath cap screw)
- Accessory mounting screws
- Tamper-resistant cover
- On/Off switch, built-in particulate trap
Air containing contaminants is drawn through the sampling head at an optimum rate. The suction is provided by a pump driven by a DC motor with dry or rechargeable batteries. The flow rate is user variable to suit the sampling techniques.
The tough lightweight aluminum case houses a diaphragm pump with motor, the electronic control board, the ON/OFF switches, the pulsation damper and the batteries. The inlet contains a metallic filter to protect the pump if run without a sampling filter.
The batteries can be easily changed for continuous shift-work. Two light emitting diodes have been incorporated, the “Green” indicates that the pump is running, and “Red” indicates “Low battery”.
Three different methods for collecting samples may be employed with Personal Air Sampler, they are: Three different methods for collecting samples may be employed with Personal Air Sampler, they are:
- Adsorption onto activated charcoal or silica gel.
- Collection of the whole sample in a gas light bag.
- Reaction in direct reading indicator tubes specific to particular contaminants.